View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 05:03 AM   #5
dorf

Thanks for all of the input. I had thought about launching from Tidelands Park and hanging out near the moored boats. I have been working on a Christmas light set up to run off of the battery for my two kayaks. And of course we will be bundled up with a thermos full of hot chocolate for me and my family. I plan on myself and my youngest (8 y/o) on my kayak and my wife on hers with our 9 y/o. We plan to be at Tidelands around 4pm for some pre-parade fishing.
Of course safety is the top priority and everyone gets a chem. light attached to their PFD. I always have reflective tap on the yaks and standard lights for night as well as Christmas lights for this occasion. I wouldn’t mind having some Gluvine but I have to think of the drive home.
Thanks again for all of your input. I haven’t been on the water lately (I’ve moved and all of my spare time goes to the new house) and when the wife suggested we do this I jumped at the chance. Happy Holidays to you all.