View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 08:44 AM   #13
TJones

negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHELL View Post
Save your self the hassle and go buy one at oex or fastlane....your time is probably more valuable than mind.
I maybe slow, but I float like a butterfly and sting like a bee--->
I bought one and had every major component fail. All were under warranty and I got replacement parts. Maybe I got a bad tank? Anyways, I decided to make my own tank using a blend of Hobie parts and a mix of both designs. What I ended up with was a tank that pulls intake through a scupper hole of a OK Trident and exhausts through the side back down through the scuppers. My parts list included a dog food container, Tsunami 500 pump, OEM Hobie parts (straps/buckles, and a revised intake tube with the adapter to connect tube), 3 drain plugs which allows for drainage and multiple water levels, rod holders, and dry box to store battery. I also used stainless steel hardware for mounting purposes. Forgot to mention, all of my connections utilize Hobie quick release plugs. These are the best on market. I have a connector that I purchased on my very first Hobie bait tank that has not given me a lick of trouble with very little care. I would highly recommend these connectors on anything related to electrical. I can post pics if needed.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote