Thread: La Jolla 8/29
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 09:57 AM   #15
Pinhead
We all Stink Sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocoloco View Post
Me thinks you take things too serious
100% Agree - I think it is wise to clean your fish far outside and don't mention shark sightings. We need to stay under the radar and portray the most positive image possible.

The Anti Fishing & Hunting folks are well organized, have plenty of money and would easily gain enough public support to close the launch ramp.

Besides fishing, I have been hunting in SD for 20+ years. I have watched the Anti's successfully close almost all target shooting areas, close massive amounts of public land to hunting, remove LEAD from ALL hunting by 2019 and now have gotten new legislation going to manage coyote/varmint hunting.

None of these things may be of interest to some or most, but they are clear examples of how the Anti's can stop activities if they want to. The Anti's are very good at quickly building a case and ramming it thru the system.

Here are 3 points I recall they used to close the target shooting areas;

1. Claiming stray-bullets were *flying everywhere*, resulting in a possible public safety risk.
2. Showing pictures of all the trash left behind by shooters, resulting in a threat to local wildlife and public health.
3. Showing pictures of shot-up local street signs.

The Anti's don't like fishing and hunting and will try to stop it any way possible.
Pinhead is offline   Reply With Quote