View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 11:12 AM   #11
Saba Slayer

Yea... looks great...

Wow...that snow covered Carson Park is beautiful as a background.
Thanks for the report Beto...
There should be some good flow on Reverse Creek and Rush Creeks with all that water.
What was the lake level like...?
Did you drop any traps...?

I can't wait till the 28th to check-in to that great little campground and put the yak in the water for my first of three two week trips this summer.
Drop some crawdad traps and start slow trolling a Hookup Bait or a couple of mini 'smile blade' rigs I made this winter...oh yea...Heaven...!

Breakfast at the Resort is the best in the loop...just get in there early and you can usually beat the crowd.
That food truck behind the market in town has some great Poki...and there's always the Tiger Bar for a burger and beer break from camp food...LOL

Freedom Fytah..."Any advice on the bear box situation there?"
A large bear box is supplied at each campsite along with a fire pit and a large picnic table...

Fish11..." It is always beautiful at Silver Lake. The wind though is killer at times."
IMHO the beauty of the June Lake Loop is that you have so many options when the wind picks up at Silver...Little Gull lake is often protected and the part of Grant Lake at the inlet with Rush Creek can be good too. Both Rush and Reverse Creeks are pretty protected from the wind also...or you can hike up Fern Creek and C&R a few little Brookies...a trip to Mono Lake is always good too, especially if you've never visited this unreal moonscape shoreline...

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote