Thread: Feces in yak
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 12:37 PM   #18
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619-SWIM-DOG View Post
I use this fish bag and was able to have a couple of YT's stored up front in the Outback. Works great.
I've thought about this after reading a couple of threads over the years from some members not cleaning their yaks after returning home due to time, falling asleep, being too tired, and having fermenting fish smell etc. the day after.
I've also looked into the the fish bag posted by swim-dog. However I have also read about the difficulty of landings due to kayaks being top-heavy from too many fish (a problem I hope to have one day).
I thought about using Canyon or Boone fish catch bags [http://www.amazon.com/CANYON-Insulat...RMVW73MG9Z3QQ] that I could use to store my catch in the hull with (I lost my old long range one years ago and never replaced it). This lower center of gravity should make landings easier and not as challenging (unless I'm missing something). The bags are sealed and also easily rinsed out and not as much ice is needed to keep the fish chilled. I can transport my catch in the bag alone or can throw it in a cooler for the long drive home.
Anyone have any thoughts/comments about this solution?
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote