View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 08:20 PM   #5
FatAmy
Junior

Thanks everyone for the responses.

Hunters Pa: Thanks mate. I will have to check out Battle of the Bays. I plan on trying different models out. Just because I have had a print out of the Radar above my locker doesn't mean it is the one for me lol.

Tomol: I have been spilt on the paddle or peddle. I like the Radar because I could add it later, which to my knowledge is the only kayak out there right now that does that. But I am going to try a few and see how each paddles. Where have you been storing your gun? I was thinking fish bag, fins, and gun in the aft tank well. I do plan on diving reef structure and not just staying in the kelp. I have read here that anchoring is a bad idea on open water because it can sink your kayak in heavy swell. I was thinking a bit of bungee cord tied to a retractable line tied to an anchor could be the solution?

Mr. NiceGuy: Sweet recommendation. Is there a reason why you would opt for a more expensive GPS if I want a fishfinder with GPS? Backup to a primary GPS? I will definitely be trying out that leash idea. After giving my spear gear up to Poseidon, I plan on having everything tied down or stowed. I fly 60s. I sometimes fly near La Jolla so if there is a maritime channel that is common to monitor out there, let me know and I will tell y'all where the birds are.
FatAmy is offline   Reply With Quote