View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #8
fishingfiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatinfifth View Post
Southman,

Humminbird 597 HD Di Combo. Yes the Di function is awesome but more important is that GPS feature. Once you have found a little rock pile that holds fish, you have to go back to it and stay on it. Out in open water, the GPS will make much more difference than the Di. We have had our 597's for a year and sweat by them.

Angel Figueras.
I totally enjoy my 597 ci di HD combo. The only thing that would make it better is Side Imaging.

To the OP, at your $400 pricepoint the Humminbird 386ci di combo is going to be the better bet. In the lower pricepoints, I think Humminbird is tough to beat. For example, the Lowrance Elite 4 down imaging does not have traditional sonar so it's an all or nothing proposition. I think Lowrance has finally pulled their head out and they are introducing sonar/down imaging combos now in the new Elite7. As mentioned earlier, the mount is not the greatest, but I've gotten over it.

On that note, I'd be willing to part with my 1 season old 597ci di hd combo for a great price so that I can get the 598 side imaging. Just a thought, PM if interested.
fishingfiend is offline   Reply With Quote