View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 10:57 AM   #7
danjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by octico View Post
I missed the T200, 300watts on bicycle seems like a really high number. My son used to race road bikes and had a Powermeter that measured wattage, he was faster than most adults and his sustained wattage would be around 270 with a peak of about 400watts during a sprint. I find it hard to believe the average cyclist can put out 300 watts.

Below is ride a ride did last year tons of elevation so alot wattage was used, Back then, I was faster than the average rider .... fat ass now (long story).

I am not trying to say your theory is not true, I just think the wattage number is a little off. Having said that, the T200 sounds viable if you have a couple of them, cant wait to see what it looks. There are some days when I say, " Damn it would be nice to have a motor right now"
Like I said I wasn't saying math was perfect but your evidence a human puts out less watts than what my quick Google search showed only helps my theory that the t200 is capable of moving a kayak along nicely and using two of them to keep them in the optimal efficiency range is even better. By the way they still need to raise just over $5k to get the t200 streach goal to get them shipped out in November otherwise it may take a couple months longer. But either way this is a great alternative to a trolling motor =)
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote