View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 08:08 PM   #1
FISH11

Smile LA JOLLA Kayak Fishing 4-17-17 for Heroes on the Water

Well, I went out today to small surf and made lots of bait. Only managed one large Greenback and 9 Spanish. After clearing the area due to Frickin Sea lions, I pinned on the large Greenback and started to make my way west to 150 feet and then south almost to Bird Rock. With no action or any good marks I head in to shallower waters and started north at 85 feet. The south current and wind that was now over 16 mph, made it a slow return. When I got North of the Condo, I thought it was another unproductive day and decided to eat my lunch sandwich and of course have another beer. As i was drifting getting ready to eat the reel starts to scream but not super fast and first thought was, Damn another Frickin Sea lion. then as I look behind I realize that the fishing line if wrapped around the rudder. Son of a Beach, I pull up the rudder and start to engage the reel and wind and realize it feels like the right kind. Soon I get the straight down runs and head shakes. After a while I get it to color and Yeah a nice large yellow. Gaffed it and bled it. First large yellow landed after many fought and lost on this particular Revo. It also gave me the chance to use the Super nice Fish Kill Bag. What a nice way to break both in and get the Revo christened the right way with a really, really bloody deck from a large Yellow. This bled on the water and weighed at the truck 30.9 lbs. It will be the second Yellow I donate this year to Heroes on the Water. Between both that should be enough to feed the Vets at one of our upcoming events this year. Unfortunately I messed up using the Go Pro and did not get the video. Just happened to get a few pictures to preserve the memories.
Attached Images