View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 07:25 PM   #7
jorluivil

When I purchased my boat I hired a marine surveyor to inspect the boat, he checked all controls, the batteries, electronics, etc, etc, he also checked the humidity levels on the hull……it was a cheap price to pay for professional advice. In the 5 years or so that I owned the boat I never had any major issues with it, other than wear and tear the only time that I had to take it to a shop was when a weld broke on the shift arm, other than that it was fine for the years that I had it.

Over the years I did manage to do many and I mean many upgrades to my boat, I knew my boat better than I knew my wife. Personally, I don’t think boats are meant for people that are not hands on or are not mechanically inclined; I changed impellers, ripped out every single wire and upgraded my entire electrical system, I installed my own electronics, I changed leaf springs, upgraded by brake system to disk brakes, etc, etc. Anyway, back to your question…………hire someone or bring someone with you that has some knowledge. Ask to take the boat on a test drive (offer to pay for some of the fuel) and put the boat through the ringer because once it’s yours it’s your problem.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote