Thread: Columbus Day YT
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 06:32 PM   #1
Jaxle
Junior

Columbus Day YT

It's been months since I had the opportunity to punch out from LJ. Taking a newbie with me this time and hearing the actions been slow with bait tough to make my expectations aren't too high.

Pulled up to the launch around 6 to find my fishing buddy had got his truck stuck in the soft sand. After about a half an hour a fellow fisherman was able to pull his rig out. While he was parking I went to hook my battery up to my bait tank and broke the positive terminal off. 💪. But managed to get it going anyways. Not a good start to the morning.

We punched out well after sunrise and made 1/2 dozen maks. Spanish and greenback mix. Trolled for 2 hours on a lifeless ocean until...boils everywhere. Tossed surface irons and watched the YT chase it all the way to my yak. But no takers!! Pulled up a pig of a Bonita though. While we were tossing irons we went through 5 of our maks without getting a good hook set. Just as quickly as the action started it came to a halt. With one Spanish mak left in my tank. I slapped it on. After about two hours of trolling I started to head back in. As soon as I adjusted my course the most beautiful sound in the world happens. 😃😃😃

1135 YT on and screaming. Wrapped up in one lobster trap but managed to work him free. After several deep runs I noticed the familiar death circle. Pulled him boat side and stuck him hard with the gaf.

It was a beautiful day on the water and was surpised in the lack of anglers for a holiday. I think the seals even took today off too, I only spotted one out there.
Attached Images

Jaxle is offline   Reply With Quote