View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 01:12 PM   #15
Zed
BANNED

@bwana it wasnt my call. I only knew what I wanted to do there. It was close enough for my mom etc and remote enough for me. I love the town. Fun young vibe and not completely "cruise ship" yet. Theres still places to camp out on the beach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Pinche gabacho...?
Guero loco, gracias mucho.

@drucko yeah I saw my share of deserted beaches and empty barrels. The swell there was weird IMO. And since it was just a snapshot my opinion may be wrong. The waves were close period and often doubled up. Since it is N facing I assumed the swell was coming from the Nortes blowing down the Cortez this time of year. They were not sorted like SoCal long distance sets.

@budha anyplace you can get a kayak IMO. Thats where Id go next.

I got my shots in. 4 of 7 days otw is acceptable by any trip Ive taken in MEX. I have no idea if the fishing was normal for that time of year or overfished in general. It was definitely transitioning for the season. I knew ahead of time 30-40mi off is world class tuna and marlin this time of year but I wanted to use a kayak and I succeeded. Dorado are absent and thats a common theme.

Having a wingman would have been beter if just to compare conditions, covering more water, and having someone to talk to by radio. I did get some panga chatter while scanning and the one day I was offshore I heard a womans voice, in English, describing daily activities at some resort. Kinda surreal. What I really wish is that I had my kayak.