View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 01:32 PM   #2
JohnMckroidJr

It's a shame that they don't allow kayaks on the ferry. So what are the sea cucumber-looking things that you saw so many of? Regarding your theory on the ship, The ship provides shade from the sun as well as structure, plus provides lights at night that attract microorganism that the bait feed on. I have fished a few times off anchored ships. Usually, the best fishing is during the slack tides. Off Ft. Lauderdale, I sometimes catch bait off the ship's anchors from my kayak, but the wind against the ship's hull creates a microclimate that is sometimes dangerous to fish near. Catalina pier fishing would be improved at night with a light down near the water to attract bait. Glad that you had some Bonito action and all the nostalgic photos of Avalon. Good luck with your trip to Turkey. I have passed through the Straits of Dardanelle a couple of times on a ship. The Historic buildings, color-changing bridges, and a Trojan Horse are interesting sites. The area has a good energy about it. Prices are cheaper, so it's bound to be a good time.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote