View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 10:54 AM   #1
C.W.C.
Salt

Mission & SD Bay Bass Report 12/21/15

-Mission Bay Report December 21st, 2015-
Last few sessions out have been producing well, but a different pattern has been forming for 3.5 weeks straight. H20 Dropping a tick on every trip.
Dec week one: 63, Week two: 62, Week three: 61, Week four (yesterday) : 60.5. @ Mission.
Wanted to get out before this weeks front was on us, & glad I did, excellent day out on the Bay.
3/4 into the flood has been keeping on schedule with some productive eaters. Much to my displeasure just to keep a bend in my rod, I have been having to serious cut my retrieve speed & weights in half. Yesterdays quality Spottys were staging the transitionals in eight to twelve feet of water just after sunrise.
I was there much earlier, they however weren’t, or they were more sluggish than I in this cold. BrrrrrRRrr...
Weapons Of Mass Production were the 1/2 oz & 1oz Project Z Chatterbaits in Green Pumpkin Shad, paired up with a 6” SwimmerZ trailer in Redbone Glow, Calico Candy, crammed with ProCure Super Gel Shrimp w/ added UV Flash. 5” PaddlerZ in Bad Shad, Green Lantern, Redbone Glow & Pinfish were also used when downsizing some jigs mid day. TT HeadlockZ & Ralph Phillips Inshore Productions TroutEye Jigheads used for the hooksets. With the Pelagic Red Crabs still hangin’ around, I’ve also been using the Turbo CrawZ in Green Pumpkin Orange & CrawdadZ with great success too. The last two weeks out in the grass beds have been the hot ticket Vs. pounding docks along with some welcomed beast Corvina. Slopestyle working from the deep to the shallows, with the wind & current in my favor right at my back bringing me into the prime areas silently.
(When sight fishing yesterday & standing up in the PA with the sun behind me casting a shadow into the seagrass, I noticed plenty of Spottys bolting like trained Snook.) Here are some toads from the last trips out to Mission & SD during our last few trips. The Hali yesterday came on the 1/2 oz Project Z Chatterbait + 6” Redbone Glow SwimmerZ.
100% C&R.

After Conway Bowman’s excellent Fly seminar a few weeks ago over at Fastlane, I had the itch to throw the long rod for a good fill of chunk Spottys.
(Shrimps and weedless merkin crab flies did the trick.)

(Calico Candy 6" SwimmerZ)

Last edited by C.W.C.; 12-22-2015 at 11:12 AM.
C.W.C. is offline   Reply With Quote