Thread: DREAMS ATTAINED
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 08:46 AM   #13
Rock Hopper

Great thread!

I went on two NCKA Islander trips this year, a 3.5 day and a 2.5 day trip that I chartered. The 3.5 day trip ended up being the first trip of the Islander's season and our 2.5 day trip was the last trip of the season. Quite a few trips were cancelled due to weather this year, but we were blessed with outstanding conditions on both of our trips. Both trips were NCKA trips so both were fun packed days with some of my best friends ever. These were my 5th and 6th Islander trips, respectively.

On this year's 3.5 day trip I caught 7 YT from 9-17lbs. It was the first time one of our annual NCKA trips happened upon a great YT bite. I think we ended up with 91 YT for the trip.

On the 2.5 day trip I caught 9 YT, including a personal best 29lb. and my first YT on an artificial - a little 13lb'er on a Big Hammer ripped across the surface.

This year I also went on my first non-kayak boat trip with 8 of my NCKA homies. We hopped on the Pac Queen for their last trip of the season. It was a 2.5 day trip and we ended up back at San Clemente for the hot YFT bite. I was spoiled and the fishing was pretty much wide open. I caught 3 the first day and two the second day.....but I probably could've caught as many more as I wanted to on the second day. We made one stop and stayed on the fish all morning. We ended up with 175 YFT for 29 anglers. My very first tuna ever was a 41lb'er and the rest of mine were between 30lbs and 35lbs.
Rock Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote