Thread: CDFG
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 06:36 PM   #50
Orca Winfrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
OK...so just imagine you figured out how to go fishing without buying a license...now the DFW is cash strapped because no one is buying a license anymore to legally fish...so there is no more cash to hire DFW Wardens to enforce the F & G laws...they have no money for computers, weapons, vehicles, or vessels to protect the resource...DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT COMMON FOLKS WILL BE GOOD PROTECTORS OF THE RESOURCE???
HELL NO... THEY WILL RAPE AND PLUNDER UNTILL THERE ARE ONLY SEA CUCUMBERS AND KELP IN THE OCEAN...HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THE "TRAGEDY OF THE COMMONS" ?
The amount of poaching that goes on now is unreal...could you imagine it without Wardens?
GET REAL AND QUITE LIVING IN YOUR PRETEND ANARCHY WORLD...!
Please tell me how this will be a better state of affairs than buying a damn license and obeying a few rules to support the resource and habitat...?
No BS...just concrete facts...!
Tragedy of the commons. I haven't heard that term since freshman biology. I understand the posters that feel we are being screwed by The Man but I'm old enough to have fished cattle boats and piers since the 70s. Those were boom times for fish takes. We brought home gunny sacks full of sandbass and calicos. They would bite on anything. The size limit was 12" and the take limit was 10 but there was never a warden in sight so...... On the piers, it was "kill them all". I stopped fishing during the lat 80s and 90s but when I started fishing again, it was depressing to see how decimated the stock was. It has come back some but it's nowhere where it was in the days that we kept everything. Anyways, though I do not like an excess intervention of government, I also feel a lack of oversight will allow A-holes to rape and pillage because I've seen it first hand. That being said, as far as I can tell, everyone on this site seems to be a responsible steward of our fish. I think it's primarily the a-holes that are causing the increase in regulations.
Ps. I do feel that the MLPA zones were an environmentalist snow job and that severly restricting commercial fishing or making them C&R only zones would have been an acceptable compromise.
Orca Winfrey is offline   Reply With Quote