View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
Siebler

Rob,

I am actually registering this chapter as the Southern California chapter as opposed to San Diego because I do plan to hold events based out of Huntington since we have the resources up there along with down here and there are plenty of guys up that way. I will for sure be calling on the LA guys to volunteer when we do events up there. There are a few of you that I specifically want to ask to help including yourself.

Jim,

Stoked to have you helping when possible as is Jim Dolan and everybody else. Having guys like you will make this events much easier since dealing with new kayak anglers is something that is dealt with a lot. Looking forward to meeting with you and the leadership team once everything is finalized.

Right now trying to build the solid leadership team because everybody in the HOW organization agrees that this chapter has potential to QUICKLY become the nations largest due to our strong military presence and the ability to hold events all year long in the SD weather. Volunteers will of course be needed for this events and from what I have seen MANY of you are willing to help and I greatly appreciate it.

Again anybody interested in holding a position on the team please let me know so we can get some paperwork to you and get the chapter official and allow us to raise some money. I know there are a few vets on here that would be great for this stuff. Dont be afraid to contact me, this positions while are very important shouldnt be something that is going to consume your lives. The time you put in will greatly be appreciated by all those we help.

We are very lucky to having the backing of OEX for our chapter and it will make events SO much easier than other chapters. We also have several companies that want to help make us successful. You just cant beat the support we have. I already have a good bit of sponsorship and all taken care of, just need some help with keeping everything organized as this grows.

HOW is truly one of the best organizations out there, it is much more personal than Wounded Warriors and is specific to this sport that we love so much. Wether you are a Vet who wants to help your brothers/sisters or you have not served and want to give back to those who have given so much to you, this si your opportunity.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote