View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 05:22 AM   #235
Chief Gunner

a few of my ideas

I Picked up a self contained (batteries inside, no wires to screw with and no load on the electrical system CHEAP! Waterproof 360 degree boat light at Walmart. The pole it came with was too short so I took the screw out, broke out my drill and mounted it on a tent pole I had laying around. It's higher than my head and fits snugly in the mast post on my PA and it puts out a decent ammount of light for those dark launches and times on the water. It was much cheaper than the purpose built lights for sale at the stealerships and it is clean looking on the boat.

Here's another home made idea I put together from stuff I had laying around, my Rod leashes...they work great!

here's my modified Sea Striker Gaff, drilled a hole in the grommet and attatched a Bungee leash then used super glue to make sure it would not pop out.

This was a great add on to my Tarpon 160i....these Stainless Steel Shackles are available at Home Depot for less than 1/2 of what you would pay for them at West Marine or any boat / Kayak store. They Make strapping stuff down easier with conventional bungees than the super small cleats that most yaks have installed.
Chief Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote