View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 02:54 PM   #5
Dirty Curti

I fish there often. Usually the only one out there. Can't miss me in my red Stealth 12. I was out there Saturday for a few hours made some decent bait, saw good signs of life and broke one off.

I usually launch right in front of the power plant between the 2 jetties. Since the storms have washed away most of the sand the launch and landing has gotten a bit risky. It's the immediate shore break that is sketchy. If you can get past the first 10 yards then it is mostly smooth sailing from there. Only when the swell is less than 3 feet though.

Did see the bushes of kelp starting to grow back after nearly completely destroyed.

Options for fishing are calicos and sand bass in the kelp maybe a halibut. Making bait (macs) around the outer edge of the kelp or heading out and metering bait balls. I actually caught several just trolling my sabiki rig without metering anything.

I've seen a black seabass caught in the kelp, I've heard of yellows near the outer edge but I have only been able to catch yellows between 80-125 feet of water.

Good luck and if you see me out there say hi...But talk loud as my hearing is terrible on the water for some reason.

Tight lines

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote