View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 10:01 PM   #17
FISH11

Talking Snacks or food while kayak fishing

Every trip I take whether on a lake or La Jolla, I always take the same necessary items. In my soft sided cooler are 6 beers (usually Tecate original), a Ham and Pepper Jack cheese sandwich from home or a Subway sandwich, an apple, granola bar, and a bottle of water (to rinse off the screen on my FF). Any time I'm going to be out on the water from 6 to 11 hours, I have to eat something because of the physical work out either on my Hobie Revo or padding my Malibu X Factor. Some times you don't get to eat when you want to. In this picture I had trolled and drifted many hours, I was just about ready to call it a day. I thought I would stop and finally eat my sandwich and have another beer. I still had my flylined mac out and stopped in the area were we usually make bait just outside the boundary. I get my sandwich and the beer and before I can even take a bite or open the new beer the reel start to scream. I put the sandwich inside the top portion of my PFD and start to bring this beautiful Yellow on board. When I was done I finally got to enjoy the sandwich and beer before heading in. It made a wonderful lunch and got a great picture of the fish and of the Kayak heading in with the 34 lb Yellow sticking out of the Fish Kill Bag. That is one of my favorite pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GOPR0527.jpg (50.7 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5260.jpg (54.7 KB, 165 views)