View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 04:45 PM   #3
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentek9 View Post
not entirely sure, but the marking looks fairly solid considering its marking in 100-150'. looks similar to how the yellowtail mark here in southern california. small wolf pack of fish. can you think of any fish in the 10-30# class that hangs mid water in small wolf packs?
That's a good guess. They were Amberjacks.

The red arrow points at the trail made by the fish I was fighting as I reeled it up. The other streaks are fellow school members that followed the hooked fish up. Usually, when a hooked jack is pulled up to about 80ft, it will release enough air to light up the screen(like crossing a boats wake), but this one did not as it fought harder the whole way up.

I use waypoints to mark the parameters of the wreck. There are two wrecks marked by waypoints with a lot of extra waypoints inside of the wrecks' parameters. The green arrow marks the edge of the wreck where the kayak drifted past it. The parameter markings help me fish near the wreck without being on top of it. By fishing the edges, I have a better shot at pulling the AJ away from the wreck without getting cut off. I went 1 for 1 hook up on this day. Last week's outing was 0 for 2 hookups.

Released to fight again another day.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote