Thread: Carlsbad 08/23
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 09:34 AM   #1
Dirty Curti

Carlsbad 08/23

What a nice day it turned out to be. Perfect calm water 75+ degrees and lots of bait. The trick was to find the right bait.

I loaded up on some spanish macs pretty quickly. at the same time the calicos were working the bait all around us and it was hard deciding to throw the lure for them or catch bait. did both but the end goal was constantly on my mind.

Headed west to the location I was looking for with no love for the spanish candy bars. So headed back in to find the greenies but that proved to be a challenge. Good thing my new friend Brian (Surfisher) came to the rescue. He was loaded up and had some extras for me. Took 2 from him and headed out again.

maybe 10 minutes to the spot and I'm hooked up.

Landed the fish I needed for a family get together later in the day.

Pinned on the second greenie and repositioned jsut in case there might be another one. Saw Surfisher ahead and headed over to chat. All of a sudden he says to me...You are getting bit...I didn't hear anything so I look back at my rod and it's bent and then finally starts to scream, delayed reaction. I guess I had the button a little tight after the first catch.

Now I have a little fish for the freezer.

[IMG] photo 20150823_104326_zpsz0xqgl66.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks Surfisher for the 2 greenies, and the great on the water pics that I've been hoping to get. It was a pleasure to meet you and hope to see you again out there real soon. I really enjoy this community that BWE provides.

Tight lines to all of you!

Last edited by Dirty Curti; 08-24-2015 at 10:05 AM.
Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote