Thread: Carlsbad 08/23
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #4
Dirty Curti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phikayaks View Post
Hey man great catch!!! Im new to this forum, and kayaking still trying to get the hang of this community. Was wondering where did u launch from, cause I've tried once and failed miserably to the point that im scarred from launching in carlsbad ha ha. How far out did you go, and how did u make bait? If its okay for me asking. Thanks in advance for helping out the noob. Definitely a nice catch! didn't know they were in carlsbad.
They are definitely out there. Last month, when I caught the first one there was only 1 maybe 2 kayaks out there. A couple of weeks ago I noticed a few more yakers out there. Yesterday I thought I was in La Jolla but looked at the beach and saw the big concrete power building so I know I was in Carlsbad but there must have been a dozen kayakers out there. The word is out. There are fish in Carlsbad.

I launch from right in front of the building wherever it looks the flatest. If there is surf that day I will not go out. Ankle slappers are okay.

We make bait all along the kelp line using a sibiki. Once we are loaded up then head out anywhere between a 1/4 mile to a couple of miles.

Just pin one on, send it back and hope for the best, that's what I do.

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote