Thread: She's Hooked
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 08:03 AM   #13
Big T
Member, You Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaPT View Post
I saw the PFD strapped to the back of the kayak in pic 5. are we becoming a "nanny" site... judging...pointing out the perils and risks of peoples choices without having all the facts...
Now Dana, you know better than to think that a PFD strapped somewhere on the kayak is going to even come close to protecting the child it was intended for. There is a reason kids are required to wear one at all times... that's because even adults can lose the ability to get one on when they go unexpectedly into the drink... let alone a 4 year old that is enjoying the distractions of her outing with daddy.

I agree with you about the "nanny" thing for sure, but this is a little different... The Papa Bears really come out of us with this particular situation... ESPECIALLY if you're actually a Papa Bear.... Even MORE so if you've ever lost a child to drowning or anything for that matter.

I HOPE this otherwise awesome and cute thread doesn't turn sour because of this PFD thing and I don't think it will because all of the PFD statements were easy going and just a little friendly reminder...

So far.
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote