View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 08:13 AM   #3
Denis_Ruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
Surprised no one has stepped up to offer to help you with the basics but you will find folks at the launch around sunrise who will generally answer questions for you. Good luck.
I was thinking the same thing. Surprised no one has offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadams View Post
I have some time off starting next weekend and I was hoping to go out to La Jolla to catch a yellowtail! Is it still possible this late? If not what are some good bigger target species I should go for in late December/ early January

La Jolla is a bit out of my range or I would take you out. No harm in meeting people at the launch. I'm sure if you brought a few extra beers you could ask someone to tag along with out there.

To state the obvious, keep it safe. Make sure all your safety gear is in order. When starting out, there a lot of factors to consider and get used to. Stick to some harbor fishing until you feel comfortable. If you already have some open water experience get out there and put the time in.

You can target Yellowtail, Halibu or White Seabass as far as the bigger game. Not the most productive months but people still catch em.

Good Luck

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote