View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 02:10 PM   #671
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike View Post
So, how would these actually work? If you don't mind a somewhat painstaking description...I can't imagine it, try as as I might.
Since I am a relative noob, I am extrapolating information and fiddling at my work bench. It's better for jorluivil or one of the other pros to answer.

There are a few different kinds of de-hooking tools. My purpose is when I bring up a cluster of mackerels, getting them into the bait tank easily with as little damage or trauma as possible, while avoiding re-snagging other prickly sabiki hooks flapping around in the melee.

The purpose of this kind of de-hooking tool is when you pull the cork hook the opposite direction of the sabiki hook, it turns the point of the sabiki hook downward as you lift, and the fish falls off by it's own weight. It's allegedly much faster, easier and less damaging than fiddling with fingers or a needle-nose pliers when you have multiple slimy fish bouncing around in your lap.

My thought was to keep it small and simple so it's not in the way. The Hobie Outback tackle bucket under the hatch is not very big. I don't like loose clutter rolling around when I'm fishing.

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 03-07-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote