View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 05:57 PM   #673
pingpangdang

chopstick sabiki bait remover and dehooker

I use wooden chopsticks you get from panda express etc. I don't crack them apart so they are stronger.

Once the stick slides down into the inner bend of the hook I hold the mac over the livewell and turn the hook upside down with the chopstick and the fish slides off.

I also debarb the sabiki hooks so the bait slides off quicker and I can hook anything in my yak w/ no worry(no problem getting them to the yak as the bait stays on the hook really well even debarbed)

I can also use the chopstick to push down on a hook that was swallowed near the gut to dehook w/ ease.

For the sabiki itself besides debarbing I use only half...so only 3 sabiki.

For the weight I use a cheap blue and silver jig (something at walmart)...it's heavy and gets the sabiki down fast and it also in my mind triggers the bait to bite the sabiki because it looks like a bigger fish is chasing it's prey.

I also have a hook on the end of the jig and usually get bigger bait on that one.

No problem w/ tangles most of the time as the jig is heavy enough to keep everyone in line.

Free and they float...and if you brought your bento box you don't have to eat w/ your hands!

With the hooks debarbed sometimes I just use my hands...just grab the snell of the hook and turn the hook upside down and they slide right off.

Last edited by pingpangdang; 03-10-2016 at 06:03 PM.
pingpangdang is offline   Reply With Quote