View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #9
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriola_kiler View Post
Wouldn't a Bimini to Bimini loop connection be a good one as well?

Yes... no doubt... Bimini's are excellent ways to splice, just hard for most to tie. Bimini is all I use on eighty or above. Loop to loop gives an advantage in that you can undo it, and replace sections of line without a retie.

On my big game gear I like to run three sections of spectra. A hundred yards of solid (red) spectra as, backing bimini loop to loop connected the main bulk of solid spectra (yellow) as well with a bimini loop at the end, and that is connected loop to loop to fifty feet of hollow blue JB spectra which is then spliced directly to the fluoro leader. I carry a bunch of these blue sections that are like long leaders, and I can just change them out loop to loop if they get trashed. The beauty of it is that I don't have to make any hollow to fuoro spectra splices on the boat, the fish only see the less obvious blue, when you get them to the gaff you can put more pressure on them with hollow, and at the other end if a fish strips you down to the red, you not only know you're in trouble, but have a good indication of just how much time you have left before you're spooled.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote