Thread: Dondo Bones...
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 07:32 AM   #1
Saba Slayer

Dondo Bones...

It's been a week of big Bonito fishing up here off Redondo in the deeper water of the canyon.
These are some of the biggest Bonito we've had locally for a while and they are delicious...
Monday I was the only kayak out there and it was like a lake...no private boats only 6 Sporties trolling around like they were tuna fishing...it was so good a few boats came up to the SM bay from Long Beach and San Pedro.

I went out again on Wednesday and the conditions were a little different and it took me a while to find the right school...since I was the only one out there the Sea Lions were relentless...I was pretty busy with the wrist rocket and the yellow paint balls...I'd wait till they'd get comfortable and close to me while I was trolling... then I'd smack em right in their big fat necks when they didn't expect it...It was fun to see how surprised they were and how quick they left the scene..LOL...
That Bixpy is a fun trolling machine...

Yesterday we went out in the skiff so I could get a few more peeps out on the fish...we killed em again and had a blast with the long bass rod and the Lexa 300...they bit the Rapalla really good early in the week but later in the week they started to bite the trolled daisy chain with gusto and it was fun watching these fish blow-up on the surface with 3 or 4 chasing the hoochies...

The lighter colored sashimi is the Bonito and the darker red is Skipjack...both are excellent when spiked, bled and iced immediately...

Last edited by Saba Slayer; 10-22-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote