Thread: LJ 6/14 am
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 04:49 PM   #8
jscott

Went out fishing Tues for PM shift (first night time landing-- definitely different!), Wed and Thursday AM shifts. Got to try out my new kayatank (I spent some money the day after the wife gave the OK!)...made a ton of bait and watched it stay alive all day! Cool. Between the 3 days-- only managed 1 big calico (just shy of 5#) who hit a BIG spanish. Lots of cuda slashed baits and sea lion stolen baits. Had one good hit, which turned into about a 20 second tow when I got the hook bitten clean off. I assume pup mako, but could have been a T. Crap! Would have liked to at least get color on that to ID it better. Other than that-- slow! Also-- Tues Night I saw a dead sea lion at the launch when we came back in (right in the middle of the driveway). Thursday Morning-- there was another dead sea lion in the same spot (and this one was STINKY!). I guess that arsenic in my macs is finally getting to them!

(RELAX PETA-- I'M JUST KIDDING!!)
The elusive WSB stays away from me-- 6 trips for me since may when they were showing up pretty good...and NADA. Oh well-- "that's why they call it........."
Nice to get out and paddle around-- works' been tough so I hadn't been out in a while. Good luck out there!

-jason
jscott is offline   Reply With Quote