View Single Post
Old 08-02-2023, 02:43 PM   #3
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDave View Post
A friend of mine is going up to Oregon and wants to fish his way up the coast. Last year he went and said the rockfish fishing up there was crazy good. I'm thinking of going, but he's going up there for two months, that's not for me, well, if the fishing is good...

Tell him to check out Albion River resort/campground! Rock fishing there can be crazy good in shallow water (less than 200?❗️)
One morning trip I took , . . . I hooked up 5 legal lings but only kept one for me in only 4 hours of fishing!
The reds are like footballs on steroids! Can?t even guess how many fillets I brought home with my food saver I brought with me! I filled 1/2 of my 50qt cooler! 😵😵🙀
Recommend checking water temps before going (depending on time of year), full immersion suits are recommended during winter, much more comfortable with one on! Without one hypothermia a distinct possibility if you flip, and your yak is too hard to roll over!❗️❗️❗️
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote