View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 03:43 PM   #8
steveooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojos_raros View Post
after 13 years on a Tarpon 160i, Im thinking about upgrading to a Revolution 16. Couple questions first... accessing the front hatch to lay down big fish inside is pretty easy or any issues there? Can that hatch hold say 2 50 lb sea bass? will 8 ft rods fit in the hatch? Also if using the kayak without the drive, does extra water enter the seat area? About the seat, looks like it sits higher. I know if I use a cushion on my Tarpon, it becomes more unstable. Is the same true for the R16? Lastly, how fast can you go at a comfortable rhythm? thanks for any and all info!!
I don't typically put fish in the front hatch. Behind me in the tank well, or in my lap is where they go. If you wanted to put a fish in there, it would fit...and your yak would stink

8 ft+ rods will fit through the front hatch, but not easily. I only stow them in there if the likelihood of a bad yardsale is high.

As far as stability and the new seat, they lowered the deck where the seat is. The lower center of gravity makes it very stable in the low position. I don't put my seat in the high position, but haven't really felt the need to either. No matter how you slice it, the new seat is a million times better than the previous seat. Best part about the upgrade is that the seat is dry.

If you were comfortable in the 160i, I think you'l REALLY like the Revo 16.
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote