Thread: Fresh Lobster..
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 09:30 AM   #16
wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO View Post
If you measured them 100 times already why are you measuring them on the beach near the water? It just looks really suspicious. Not hating, just sharing a different opinion.

"I'm a conservationist, I'm an animal rights activist, I'm a vegan". WTF? What were you trying to say?

So what your essentially saying is that i should stand down at all times,especially when I am obeying all laws, & put my tail between my legs when i am treated like an jerk by some schmuck with a shiny little badge, eh?..
thats not gonna happen...not in a hundred years...

WTF is right!?!
If you cant understand why I was measuring them...
Well then, you sure aren't going to even begin to comprehend why I am a Conservationist...
(Yes it does look extremely suspicious i admit. completely.you are right 100% there.)
But,...You dont treat innocent law abiding Kayak fisherman with rude and harassing behavior from the start..I was way up on the beach not near the water, so I wouldn't have been able to throw them into the water btw..As you heard, he has met me before, and I told him that EXACT same damn line upon his consistent rude choice of wording his questions previously, and tried to put him at ease by introducing myself and explaining my views, similarly like an honorary member of the dfg..& as always especially on opening night you can be 100% guaranteed He will be measuring my bag no matter what I was doing..
You can come down on me all you want about how I might make the kayak fishing community look bad from this, but it is His attitude and behavior that needs a check..or a firing! Note to Johnny Law: in case your reading this: Become a full fledged Cop. That is your true calling..They need to start hiring some new agents with at least a High School diploma and some decent people skills..What happened to the days where they were once as knowledgeable in the field as a Marine Biologist ect.. I used to fully enjoy talking up a storm to those types of agents for hours on end!..This asshole on the other hand, comes across that EVERYONE is doing something illegal and he will treat you as such, until one proves without a shadow of a doubt that in fact you are completely innocent..He is the only one making the FEW decent DFG agents look bad..Had I been in the bushes, digging a hole, stuffing my shorts with shorts, stashing them in my hull,selling them on the beach,tailing them, or serious suspicious behavior like so,...THEN he can come up and taze me, shoot me, harass me or whatever he feels necessary in that case scenario..until then, use some discretion Professor Theology..

What he should have done was approached me and said something like the following:

DFG-"Hello Guys, Hows this Season Opener treating you? (Politely)
Did you get any decent sized bugs tonight?
I have to inspect your catches, please.."
(something to that degree)

Response:
"Why Yes Sir! We had a GREAT night!
Feel free to do as you would like...."

& a nice DFG closing like:
"Way to go guys, thanks again.. enjoy your bugs!!!"
(would have been nice departing comment ..)
Instead.... he was honestly pissed off that we were following all laws and regulations & he didn't get to write a precious ticket..that is the problem here.....

1mea·sure
a (1) : an adequate or due portion (2) : a moderate degree; also : moderation, temperance (3) : a fixed or suitable limit : bounds
b : the dimensions, capacity, or amount of something ascertained by measuring
c : an estimate of what is to be expected (as of a person or situation)
d (1) : a measured quantity (2) : amount, degree

I think I will now go into the trash and dig out the rotting carapaces and measure them just one more time for "good measure"...
wade is offline   Reply With Quote