View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 01:18 PM   #19
GregAndrew

I use exactly what you are talking about and am very happy with its performance and versatility. I don't know what the dimensions are for the X-Factor rear well, but it fits nicely in my Trident 15. Mine has water level adjustment, scupper feed and exhaust and doubles as dry safe storage for surf launches and landings. I can easily keep cured Sardines alive and lively for 10 hours with no pump malfunctions.

I have the pump and exhaust tubes running through the scuppers. The inlet on the tank is on the top, so no back-flow problem with the pump off.

My pump fits well down inside the scupper making it nearly self-priming (need to lean to that side a little). Thinking about just adding the anti-siphon valve to prime once and forget about the lean.

I also use a piece of foam to hold the pump in place securely in the scupper, and have a screw on connector holding a piece of window screen on the bottom.

The exhaust tube is also the water level adjustment piece too. The PVC tube slides through a compression fitting allowing me to raise, lower and drain my tank.

Since this pic I have cut off about half of the outside piece protruding from the bottom. The PVC pipe will slide into the tank completely in the high water level position, but does not extend below the bottom of my yak in the lowest level that I would use. If you want more info, feel free to pm me.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote