View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 11:01 AM   #7
greenscales
greenscales

agree w/starting in the bays

I agree w/fourtogo on starting w/bays. For scenery - Newport - troll crank baits above the eel grass, etc. and keep the fishing casual. Once she has the time limits down and fishing bug, try San Diego for a get away and launch Tidelands or one of the So Bay launch ramps. Drop shot along channels, check out the Navy ships and training, and the plethora of species (a Bonefish or Shortfin Corvina will get her pushing you for the next trip). Finish the day at Coronado Brewery or Pizza Port on the way home.

I took a girlfriend out of the National City launch - she never kayaked or fished before - she screamed so loud w/her first bay bass then bonefish - patrol boat came by to make certain everything was ok. She loved it so much that 2 months later she demanded to go to Puerto Santo Tomas w/me for what was supposed to be a hardcore fishing, no cell, anti-stress, and avoid business (etc.) weekend. More of a tour guiding trip and little fishing got done. So beware - if she gets too hooked, no more excuses to escape w/the "bites on", because she will want to join. Enjoy either way.
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote