View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #58
flydigital

Launched around 5am today with high hopes due to this awesome report of a WFO bite.

Got flipped 3 times on the way out in the big surf and lost everything but one small bass rod.. even lost my bait tank! Didn't this guy say the waves were small? But I knew it would be worth it with such a good bite. I didn't do that bad though, you should have seen the dozens and dozens of others who tried and never could make it out at all! Only about 50 of us made it out.

Got to the grounds and with my bass rod tied on a small iron and made a squid, left him on the hook and dropped it down. 10 minutes later bendo... the fight lasted 30 minutes and I had a 52lb YT on deck with only my 12lb test bass rod. Still early morning so I made another squid and dropped it down again and this time, 20 minutes later I had a 74lb WSB. Good thing I didn't have my bait tank still, or I would have sank my kayak. I was done, so I headed in...

But the waves were even bigger than before and more stacked... I held on for dear life but it was not meant to be. I caught a good overhead wave and pearled right into the sand, cartwheeling, losing both fish and my last rod in the process.

Oh well, was an epic day anyway, thanks for the timely report that made this possible! Forgot to take pics...
flydigital is offline   Reply With Quote