View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #44
PAL

Quote:
but, I just dont know how good this is on a public board with outside observers looking on for ammunition, on an already big bonfire. I believe Paul Lebowitz stated photos have been presented at Northern MLPA meetings, Paul correct me if I am wrong.
This is true. Photos from a free dive competition - all legally caught fish - were used by pro-closure forces in public testimony pushing Carmel / Monterey area closures. That area got a major hose job (it could have been worse!). Blatant spin, a PR stunt, pure bull - but consider, the political appointees in charge of rolling out the MLPA (the Blue Ribbon Task Force) to this point have known very little about fishing or the ocean.

Look, I'm as guilty of spreading carnage shots as anyone on here, maybe more, because a dead fish I print in WON shows up 70,000 times. I hate the thought of giving our opponents ammunition, and I've talked over this subject with the mods here and at other boards. I think we'll just have to accept the risk and plan to deal with it, because fishermen love to share photos. Me too.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote