View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 06:29 PM   #16
iethinker

DOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefish808 View Post
Awesome report. I hear a lot about the DOA lures from Blair Wiggins, who does the Addictive Fishing show out of Florida, but never see the DOA lures in stores out here in socal. I definitely want to try the jerk shad as well as the swimming mullet DOA lures.
There are so many soft plastics on the market. I have seen Blair Wiggins' show too so I was aware of DOA. I happened to be tackle shopping for some gulp at the K-Mart in Key-Largo, FL and I saw the DOAs right beside. They were less than half the price and claim to be made with bait-fish so I took the chance.

I can't say I fished them enough to say they are better or worse than gulp at this point. I like the groove on the top to protect the tip of the hook when going weedless and of course I prefer the price. I especially like that they don't dry-out. Gulp is still a go to bait even locally in FL. I have caught many fish on gulp in both CA and FL.

As far as swimming lures, I'm not ready to give up the Big Hammers yet.

The DOA shrimp are pretty popular in FL but I don't know if they will have a market here.
iethinker is offline   Reply With Quote