View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 04:37 PM   #80
Mahigeer

I am so confused......

The last two times that I traveled to Baja, we stopped at the border.

They checked my passport and I filled a card and paid $25.00 (I think). We stayed one week in Baja. I understood that it was a visa and good for 180 days.

The first time I went, it was with someone who had been there (26) times before our trip. He did not say that on return, we have to send the visa to the Mexican immigration office.

The second time was to fly to Cedros Island. Same again, the driver took us to an office at the border and I/we paid $25.00 and got the same visa. This time it was eight days. On the way back an attorney who was with us collected our visas and said that we have to mail them in and he will do it for us.
So, I take it that visa is same as FMM? How it is that it is free in one place and not at another.
I do have a valid passport, and I don't want to cause any delays.
Please advise as what to do right now or should I wait until we get to the border.

Thanks.

P.S. I just read the information here:
http://www.discoverbaja.com/go/fmm-tourist-permits/
It says for 7 days or less no charge. We will be there eight days. For us it is $28.00 plus $6.25 for postage.
I don’t feel comfortable to send my CC and passport information on line. Too many eyes. Not too familiar with scan function either.
Also, there is small chance that the FMM not arrive on time.
Is it a big delay if we stop at the border? It was not when I did it before. Especially if we are there so early in the morning.

Last edited by Mahigeer; 09-24-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote