View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 05:03 PM   #11
Mahigeer

Thank you for all the comments about my plans. It helps me through the road that I have not traveled yet and your experience is needed and welcomed.

Trailer of any kind is out of question due to the use of Sentri card.
Putting the kayak on my existing 4Runner has been a pain, even with the lighter than XFactor, Outback.
My roof rack has been bent and there is paint chipped that I had to touchup before rust set in.
The new 4Runner looks even taller, and it will be harder to get my kayak on. I am getting on in years, and not as fit as I used to be. This whole project started as a challenge to resolve various issues with me enjoying the Baja trips and not having to work so hard for a chance to get fish.

I think I can build a plywood wall, so the fumes would not get in, and it would provide safety for the cargo. It will also be so that I can load and unload the gear.
There is 120V outlet in the cargo area. A long fan maybe a useful item to blow the exhaust away.

Dome light can be turned off.

As to the rooster, “I make the owner an offer he can’t refuse”. A howling coyote sound track.

There will be 2” pipe insulation with the thickest wall available under the lift gate, and gate strapped in. Will shall see.

The extender will have LED lights at left and right side of the “T” to duplicate the vehicle lights.

None of the matters if dealer does not issue a written permission letter, allowing me to take the vehicle to Mexico as long as I have payments to make. I will resolve that on Monday.

Got to go now, but keep comments and suggestions coming.

Thanks.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote