View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #36
roby
CEO of Team Roby

I went to the last sale and got a Mini-X. Some advice...

1) Get there early if you want a yak that has limited numbers. Before 7am for sure...

2) If you plan to get more than one yak it is highly advisable to bring an extra person. You have to stand next to your yak to claim it. You can't say, "Hey, Iceman, I want this Tandem and the Mini-X all the way over there."

3) Have a plan b & c. The last time I went, there was a family that brought 6-8 siblings and claimed that many kayaks. There was also a rental company I believe that rolled in with a U-Haul truck and then loaded several, upon several kayaks. I also witnessed an attractive brunette that "cut" in line and proceeded to do a tug of war with a 14 foot kayak with another lady.

4) Bring some kayak wheels in your car and know how to tie your yak properly to your vehicle. I had to help a dad strap down two Mini-Xs onto his CRV. You can load your yak in the driveway, but it can get crowded.

5) Check the yak over carefully. I know all the yaks are seaworthy, but there were some differences with each set of yaks.

6) Wear your BWE shirt if you have one...

7) Buy your accessories and even your hatches there. The prices are good.

8) Bring a camera to capture any cat fights between attractive females.

9) Be nice...it's not like you are buying Hobies
roby is offline   Reply With Quote