View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 10:31 AM   #1
Big T
Member, You Member!

Dana Point Hoopin' 3/2

O...M...G... Those water bumps were epic last night!! Going out of the Dana Pt. Harbor, the waves were just pouring over the breakwall at high tide. Got out there at 6:30 or so. Rain rain and more rain. Every pull was 2-3 bugs.

50 bugs later (about 10 of them no bigger than my hand!) I was about to bring em in at around 3:45 then the harbor patrol came out and recommended that I not be out there.... Really? Where were they when the waves were ACTUALLY dangerous. It was dying down at that point. They also told me I was fishing to close to the mouth of the harbor... so I moved them all to the outer buoy line.

Just as I dropped my last hoop, the wind gusted REALLY hard! Come to find out it wasn't the wind blowing ME it was a wave carrying me with it just before it turned me over and swamped me...

Well, that just plain sucked. I righted the yak and just hung on it for a minute.... then the next wave came. Shit.

Got back on and paddled my ass outta that region. Grabbed all of my hoops and limped home. Went to Jack in the Box and ordered like 10 tacos and drove home.

Interesting night.

Last edited by Big T; 03-02-2014 at 10:45 AM.
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote