View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 05:02 PM   #17
summers in kuwait

Thanks for sharing the informative posts gents! Always a good read and very helpful.

I was out on Sat. Had a late start and didn't get out till 7am. Surf was fun as mentioned. I hugged the kelp coming out and made a mix bag of jack and greenbacks very quickly.

Seeing some of the surface action, I took to flyline and flat falls for most the morning and figured I could cover some ground. I went out west first and then came back in and headed towards the kelp. I paused once at the kelp line, tied on a fresh dropper loop (65lb braid - Alberto knot - 50lb mono - 2/0 Ringed J hook.) and sent down a nice medium greenback First drop down, immediately get hit and the fish is racing to the kelp. I start gaining line and now my flyline gets picked up.. double!

I continue with the fish from below and pull em out of the weeds. Once I grab the other rod, I have the fish for about 2-3 minutes and pops off in the kelp. 40 lb fluro was pretty abraded above hook. Got wet coming in... but always enjoy the time on the water.

I did find a pair of fishing gloves. So PM details and I'd be happy to return them to you.

Here's some video

Last edited by summers in kuwait; 05-16-2017 at 05:10 PM.
summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote