View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 05:33 AM   #26
summers in kuwait

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
The video is rad thanks for posting!
Thanks Chris! I passed you in the morning and we exchanged a wave. Was going to head over, but looked like you were metering. We'll have to coordinate a tuna venture soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno Machino View Post
Awesome Vid!!

WTG on the patients!!!

Stud job!

Geno
Right on. Thanks Geno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
Congrats on the one you landed, too bad on the other. Looks like you just about had the landing. After 1 year I still can't land my Revo 13 as easy as my Malibu XFactor. I do put my legs over like you did fighting the fish. I do it when fighting a large Yellow and while comming in the surf once I'm in the waves that are breaking. I've found it's the only way I can brace myself to the kayak to have better control. On my XFactor I can just push avainst the foot pegs.
Thanks Mark,

Recently coming from a Revo 13 into the 16, I used to only paddle in through the surf, although I know many prefer to pedal, I just couldn't commit to that. I did pretty well on the 13, but had a couple years in that hull, it's def wider than the 16, but I'm sure with a couple more trips on the new boat, I'll be good. But there is always a chance you can flip, especially if the surf is up and close together.
As Greg mentioned, trusting the paddle when bracing is huge. I've personally gained a lot from filming myself. What I did right, wrong, etc, both in the surf and fighting fish.

Cheers!
summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote