View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 07:16 AM   #12
Saba Slayer

booklet

I believe that booklet is an older print...that was done before the regulation was changed. The Lobster regs were reworked a few years ago to define the sizes and style of the hoop nets and I believe the reg about detailing was changed at that time...
Tony is right...do not de-tail your lobsters until you are home. Without a carapace there is no way for the DFW to determine if it's a legal bug!
Info in a booklet and info from the regulations is two different things...I'd trust the regs!
DFW wardens can stop you at anytime on or off the water. I've had them pull me over as I was leaving outside the parking lot on a public street.
Take the bugs home, de-tail them, and then throw the legs in the microwave and make popcorn lobster.
Taking photos of over limit and posting on a web board also isn't the brightest move. "All lobsters shall be measured immediately upon being brought to the surface of the water, and any undersize lobsters shall be released immediately into the water." No sense being over-limit just for a dumb photo.
WOW...I guess I better not kayak next to Tony anymore...since he's upsetting boaters...?

Saba Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote