View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 11:56 AM   #12
Denis_Ruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by chxh8me View Post
I'll post up a pic of my homemade transducer arm when I get home. Can be done for probably $10... Plus another $10 or so for the mount. It's similar to the liberator, but it's made with pvc.

For a commercially available arm, I like the looks of the Railblaza. But I don't like how the mount for it sticks up so high. I imagine it would be easy to tear off if the yak rolls in the surf. But it can always be made to be removeable.
Thanks Mike. I like the sound of making it out of PVC. Since I already have most of the materials and you can run the wire inside the pipe.

I'm really going to have to make it custom given how my FF is setup. It's mounted in the middle of the kayak between my legs, so it will have to swing out at least a foot to the side and another 2 feet forward to avoid my leg.

I know its not the best way to set this up. But I like the idea of having everything be removable as simple as just lifting the hatch and everything lifts out. (for when I load the kayak on the truck)

Yes, there is the risk of flipping it and breaking off. When that happens I guess I will have to go back to the drawing board. But I haven't flipped yet in 2 years . Maybe I will make it removable so I can store it in the hatch for landings.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote