Thread: a pair of jacks
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #15
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjor View Post
I did not say anything about the report except i personally would not have killed them. I enjoy the timely report as do others i just belive that sometimes fish should be catch and release if there too small. Dont tell me if someone posted showing a bunch of 4 inch calicos someone woulnt have complained. I just belive in letting the fish grow up and get a chance to breed so our kids and our kids kids will get a chance to catch a offspring of that fish.
With the charters hitting the 163 the past few days, limiting out on small guys like these two. It's really not a problem. We're spoiled with larger YT coming through our waters, but for the most part these 12lbers are the majority. I saw a photo of the kelp patty from this week and they're just riddled with them. As steve said, legal catch and Aaron said, the smaller fish taste better. The meat is more tender and flavorfull. On the East Coast we used to toss the Trophy Stripers back after a good photo and keep the just barely legal ones.

Congrats on the haul, I'm sure they're going to taste great.