Thread: Got a Keeper
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 08:17 AM   #1
tstephens3232

Got a Keeper

Short story: no fish, a little bait, not a lot of people out, saw 1 YT caught.

Long Story: Arrived at LJ 5am to some nasty launch conditions in terms of a Kayak. I had my fiance and a Hungarian fried with me, their first time surf launching. They had seen a couple of my recent catches and wanted to give it a try. We sat and watched the surf and a few others paddle out trying to decide weither to go or not. I told them I definitely would go but I would rather go home then listen to them complain all day so if you guys decide to go then you're not allowed to complain.

About 615 they decide to go and we charge on, after a lot Paddle Paddle Paddle screaming everyone makes out. Then the babysitting started... caught about a dozen baits mix of macs and Spanish macs peddle to the Hungarian hook him up, peddle to the soon to be wife hook her up, I start fishing which last about 10 minutes before dogs clear them out. Then repeat a few times before we run out of bait and I run out of patience.

Then the landing... I was 100% confident they were gonna roll. she decides to go and I watch her surf one in, pop off in about 3 feet of water and walk it in to the beach, KEEPER. I head in with the Hungarian and watch him tumble through the surf, haha. I had everyone's gear so no yard sale. She was in a prowler 11' and he was in a piece of junk we borrowed from a friend. All in all good trip, no fish but good.
tstephens3232 is offline   Reply With Quote