View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #23
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di$co View Post
Let's see if I can answer everyone's questions with the info I have about the boat so far...

The hull design is Feel Free's tri-hull. Extremely stable and moves through the water very well. The bow has great rocker and the way the hull flairs out to meet the top deck it gives the boat an very dry ride. Both Iceman and Brent from OEX paddled the 10' and 12' in some very gnarly 2' wind chop at the Outdoor Retail show in Salt Lake and mentioned how well the bows worked at keeping the paddler dry.

I don't have a lot of info on the bait tank yet. I was told there will be a separate area just in front of the black "thing" for your pump and battery. I believe this area will be dry eliminating the need for the dry bag/box battery case. But like I said, I don't have a lot of info yet and am going off of what they told me about it when the designer, Brent and myself were talking about what would make it work best.

Without doing something fully custom I don't think the front hatch will be able to be made larger. The size of the front hatch is very similar in size to the Wilderness Systems Tarpons.

The front handle is great. It is already in use on the other Mokens. If you look close you will also notice the side handles are also molded in making it very easy to turn the boat on edge and carry like a suit case or pick up and carry over your head. I use these to load my 10 & 12 onto my cargo van. The rear handle is looking like an under cling style. There is also talk of putting a normal carrying handle on the top deck.

"What is the dry weight, and are there areas to be able to hold onto to
haul over terrain with the yak on your shoulder with good yak neutral
stability?"

I'm not sure yet on the dry weight. My guess it will be similar to the Stealth and the Tarpon 140. You could probably hook a strap to the side handle, or use thigh straps to cary the boat on your shoulder. Feel Free doesn't use nylon eyelets as their attachment points (except on the bungee). All deck fittings are stainless and molded into the boat making them much stronger and eliminating as many holes in the boat as possible giving you less possible leak points.

"Looked at pic again, the black "thing' on the center console, is that flush,
or can it be made into a hatch, basically, what is that for?"

This is the same console that is in the Moken 10 & 12. It is not flush. If you wanted to cut it out you could open up to the inside of the boat but you would have to put in some kind of rubber gasket to make it dry. This area's main purpose is for storage of stuff that can get wet; i.e. tackle and tools.

"Most importantly, now, unless I missed something, where are the drain
ports (holes) ???? Can't believe this was missed..."

This is a computer rendering of the boat. The scuppers will be placed in similar locations as the Moken 12; under the feet, thighs, seat and in tank well.

How'd I do guys and gals? This is fun... Shoot me over some more questions and I'll work on getting more answers for you.

And here is one more answer to a question that no one has asked but I know all of you are wondering... Yes, you will be able to get one of these in our new Pink Camo.

i can't stop thinking about this kayak. WHO IDEA WAS THIS!!!!! Stop putting new TOYS UP ON THIS WEBSITE!!!!

This looks so divine!

One question, i noticed it does not have rod holders by your legs? Will it have a track system (which by the computer generated system it seems to have a track system) so you can hook up the mightymounts to it for fishing rods?

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote