View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 02:46 PM   #11
SoCalEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18 View Post
How far "off shore" are you thinking about paddling? Are you beach launching or going out of harbors?

Exactly what I was thinking.

There is a WS Radar that's floating around too. Both would be EXCELLENT starting rigs for SoCal kayak fishing.
In my previous ventured we have launched into mission bay and a harbor in san diego, but as i grow more familiar I intend to launch where ever i can get easy access to the water and paddle out a couple of miles.
I was eye balling that Kraken. Ive pretty much narrowed it down to a trident 13, a kraken 13.5 or a thresher 140. the trident being the leader for me right now based on some research that I have done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliHalikiller View Post
Got an older stealth 14 for sale already plumb with bait tank $700 lmk
Right on, I will keep you in mind. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Ed View Post
Where are you located? OEX Sunset Beach should be having a demo day very soon. I found the Trident 13 to be a fantastic paddler's kayak. The 15 would be an even better paddling kayak, but you'll loose some maneuverability.
Im not too far away, i may go and check that out (weather permitting)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Pa View Post
Yep, this.

Plus, if you can wait a bit they have blem sales, and there is usually a jump in used boats after Fred Hall, from people buying new boats and looking to sell their old ones
Thats a good idea, i was kind of thinking this might be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
I’ve gone 8-10 miles one way locally in my outback, further In BAJA. Done about the same with my pro angler 14 when I had that. Legs get a little tired maybe, but nothing like your arms would at that distance .
wow thats quite a ride. I think the mirage drive is great, but the cost of entry is pretty high and I dont mind paddling, and i imagine on a long narrow boat like the three mentioned above, with a decent paddle, i would be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Ed View Post
Demo day is this Sat. Just saw it on FB.
thanks Ed
SoCalEDC is offline   Reply With Quote